One of the Constitutional rights to all American citizens is the fundamental right to a trial by jury. As an American citizen it is your privilege and duty to serve as a juror when called upon to do so. Failure to comply with a jury summons can result in a $100.00 fine and/or contempt of court.
Prospective jurors are randomly selected from the Florida Drivers License Database of US citizens who are residents of Broward County and are 18 years of age or older. Jurors may serve only once in a calendar year.
Jurors should report to the Broward County Central Courthouse Jury Assembly Room located in the East Wing of the Judicial Complex. The address is Broward County Central Courthouse, Judicial Complex East Building, Clerk of Court Jury Administration, 201 SE 6th Street, Room: 03320, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33301. Once in a courtroom, jurors will be qualified by the presiding judge and attorneys through the "voir dire" process. This process is used to select individuals who will sit and hear the evidence of a trial.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How can I postpone my report dates?
- Am I eligible for excusal?
- What if I am ineligible by law to serve jury duty?
- How can I contact Jury Administration/how do I submit my request?
- Can I bring my cellphone and/or electronic devices?
- Where do Jurors Park?
- What should I expect when I arrive?
- What about compensation?
- How should I dress?
- What happens if I do not appear?
- How long is Jury Service?
Online Jury Excusal/Postponement:
Click on Online Jury Excusal/Postponement to request a one-time Juror Excusal/Postponement.
- To login, you will need your Juror "Identification Number" which is located directly below the barcode on the Juror Summons. You will also need to enter your date of birth in the following format "MM/DD/YYYY".
- You may submit a request to postpone your Jury Service only once. If you have previously been postponed, you may not postpone again through the Jury Online Service. If you require further assistance, please call Jury Service Information at (954) 831-6091 [Monday - Friday, between 9:00 a.m. - 4:20 p.m.].
- Request for excusal will be denied unless you also contact the Clerk's Office by phone, mail or email and provide the necessary documentation for excusal. Confirmation of an excusal can be obtained by contacting the Jury Office.
- All Juror Excusal/Postponement requests must be submitted online or mailed no less than 7 days prior to the report date.
Contact us by phone or fax
Jury Service Information: (954) 831-6091
Monday - Friday, between 9:00 AM - 4:20 PM with the exception of designated courthouse holidays.
(We suggest you listen to all menu options before making a selection. Please note, our peak calling hours are between 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.. To expedite your call, please call during our non-peak hours between 1:00 p.m. to 4:15 p.m..)
Jury Service Fax: (954) 831-7054
In case of a hurricane warning or state of emergency call (954) 831-7051.
Send Comments or Questions to: JuryServices@browardclerk.org*Please include your Name and your Juror ID Number
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.