Marriage License System - Application Information
PLEASE ADVISE THE CLERK IF YOU ARE EXEMPT UNDER FLORIDA STATUTE 119.071
Broward County Courthouse
201 S.E. 6th Street, Room 270 | Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301
Telephone: (954) 831-6525 Ext. 7842 | Business Hours: 8:00am- 4:30pm (Monday - Friday)
Residents of the State of Florida have the option of attending a premarital course from a registered provider, or waiting 3 days for the marriage license to become effective. A directory of the premarital course providers is available at all court locations to browse through (the Marriage License Office does not offer this course). Non-Florida Residents are exempt of any waiting period.
Visit our online Premarital Course Provider Search to locate a registered premarital course provider near you. (See clerk for certificate requirements.)
- Both parties (spouse 1 and spouse 2) age 18 and over must apply in person, at the same time.
- There are two (2) forms of identification that may be required.
- The first form of identification required is a valid photo identification issued by the federal or state government. The photo identification must have the correct legal name, date of birth and signature of the applicant.
The following valid proofs of photo identifications are accepted:
- Driver's License (U.S. State or Government)
- U.S. Military identification
- State Identification Card (U.S. State or Government)
- Alien Registration Card
Applicants who are 16 or 17 years of age: In addition to the above listed requirements, the following documents must be presented when one or both of the applicants are within this age bracket:
Any applicant under the age of eighteen (18) must have the consent of both parents or guardian. If custody of such minor has been granted to one parent, original proof must be provided. You may obtain consent forms from this office. If one parent is deceased, a certified copy of the death certificate is required. Proof of age and parents identity is required. This may be done with a certified copy of the person’s birth certificate. If the parent's names do not match, additional proof may be required.
Applicants under 16 years of age: Clerk will explain procedures.
ALL UNDERAGE APPLICATIONS WILL BE PROCESSED AT THE BROWARD COUNTY COURTHOUSE IN FORT LAUDERDALE, ROOM 270.